TinyTechPlant have recently designed and started manufacturing large solar baskets which will be proved to be the most revolutionary tool to produce local power in farms, in industries and in villages and to decentralize world economy from oil based to soil based. My solar baskets are one type of parabolic solar concentrators or solar collectors or solar reflectors with short focal length which will be produced at the cheapest rates even by village technicians even from wood, bamboo and local materials. Focal point is fixed with the ground and it has no connection with the revolving paraboloid on horizontal axis as well as… on vertical axis. It means that for any position of paraboloid, reflection is always on focal point which is fixed with the ground. So this design is eminently suitable for steam generation, air heating or thermic oil heating for industrial heat as well as power generation. As the focal point is inside the basket, It has a benefit that heat receiver is protected from the wind and convection losses are minimum.
(1) SOLAR BASKET 10 sq mt aperture area, 3.6 mt dia.
This basket has been extensively tested scientifically for cooking of rice as well as for water heating for scientific calculation of KW output. This basket does not require any foundation. Fabricated channel and square plate foundation base frame is provided which can be placed anywhere and basket can be erected in a few hours only. From many experiments we concluded that it gives 4.5 to 5 KW heat power. Temperature at focal point reaches up to 490 degree C. This basket can cook for 125 people in one hour. So for 100 to 500 people, this basket will be quite suitable with 1 to 5 baskets.
The design of the basket is completely folding for easy transport. Entire paraboloid, revolving stand, foundation stand, vessel stand etc will go into one box of 60″ x 30″ x 18″ which becomes less than one cu mt. We have started manufacturing of this basket regularly and we can dispatch the basket within 1 week only.
Video Links of 10 sq mt solar basket in two parts are given below.
Part 1 link
Part 2 link
From this basket, capacity of any bigger basket can be directly calculated without any need of experiment as heat power will be proportionate to aperture area.
(2) SOLAR BASKET 30 sq mt aperture area, 6.2 mt dia.
As the aperture area is 3 times bigger than 10 sq mt basket, this basket will give heat power of 12 to 15 KW. This will be suitable for steam generation, air heating and thermic oil heating for industrial heat or power generation. 3 such baskets combined together will generate about 40 KW heat power. This basket frame will also be folding and can be erected at site only in one day without any foundation. Where cooking of 300 to 400 people are required, only one such basket will be ideally suitable. With 3 baskets of 30 sq mt, food can be cooked for 1000 people in one hour. By thermic oil or steam, cooking can be done inside the kitchen.
(3) SOLAR BASKET 60 sq mt aperture area, 8.8 mt dia.
As the aperture area is double than 30 sq mt basket, this basket will give heat power of 25 to 30 KW. This will be suitable for steam generation, air heating and thermic oil heating for industrial heat or power generation. This basket will be able to run small steam engine for water pumping or for processing of farm products and for running small industries such as cotton spinning or weaving of cloth. This basket frame will also be folding and can be erected at site only in one day without any foundation. Where cooking of 600 to 800 people are required, only one such basket will be ideally suitable. With 3 baskets of 60 sq mt, food can be cooked for 2000 people in one hour. By thermic oil or steam, cooking can be done inside the kitchen.
(4) SOLAR BASKET 120 sq mt aperture area, 12.4 mt dia.
This is the biggest basket designed by me. I have already manufactured one 113 sq mt basket. On the basis of this experience, this new basket is almost perfect and optimum in design, shape, weight etc. As far as i know, this is the biggest parabolic solar basket of India. This will require RCC foundations and also RCC column to support entire basket. This basket will be ideally suitable for cooking of 1000 to 1200 people and with the combination of many such baskets, any number of people can be served. If food is required for 20,000 people everyday, then 15 to 16 baskets should be installed. Design is modular. All the components will be manufactured in our factory and will be dispatched to the site in CKD condition and erection will be done at site with permanent welding. Each such basket will give heat power of about 50 to 60 KW. So these baskets will be extensively used in industries for heat power and to some extent for electrical power generation also. The main feature of my solar baskets is simplicity and cheapness. Generally in Western world solar concentrators are costing US$ 300 per sq mt of reflective surface. I have estimated that my solar baskets will be costing US$ 100 or less per sq mt of reflector area.
MAIN BENEFITS OF SOLAR BASKETS
(1) Main paraboloid basket is totally folding. Just by assembling as per video CD, it gets in to paraboloid shape.
(2) Revolving stand and base frame are also folding and can be quickly assembled at site.
(3) Foundations in ground not required except for 120 sq mt basket.
(4) It is not necessary to find out north south direction in our solar basket.
(5)Solar basket does not require to install on polar axis. So no latitude of the location is necessary to know.
(6) Solar basket does not require any seasonal adjustment.
(7) In our solar basket, 100% aperture area is utilized all the time.
(8) The cost of the solar basket is only 30 to 40% of the cost of equivalent solar concentrators.
(9) Space requirement will be only 25% of other solar concentrators.
(10) Our solar baskets have manual tracking device. Even unskilled person’s human eye can track and adjust the basket against sun very precisely through focus indicator installed on the basket. only one person can handle manual tracking for 5 baskets.
On the whole,solar baskets are highly user-friendly and any layman or illiterate person can operate it with one day training.
USES OF SOLAR BASKETS
India is consuming over 100 million tones of oil every year for various uses. Out of this, almost 40% is being consumed in the industrial sector alone. Further, 40-50% of this consumption is in thermal form alone with temperature range below 250 C which comes to around 15 million tones of fuel oil per annum. Various applications are as under:-
(1) Mass cooking in student hostels, hotels, hospitals, schools, factories, temples, marriages, food caterers and food business, army camps, refugee camps, religious and social organizations etc.
(2) Many of the world’s most important crops need to be dried to remove moisture as part of the production process. Removing the moisture from crops such a coffee beans, tea leaves, cocoa, oilseeds, nuts, fruit, rice, spices, corn, etc is an essential process that helps transform the raw goods into the final product. For better quality and storage for long period, drying of crops by solar baskets will be essential.
(3) Mercerizing, drying and finishing in textile industry.
(4) Drying, dissolving, thickening, leaching and distillation in chemical industry.
(5) Cooking, drying and canning in food industry.
(6) Craft pulping, bleaching and drying in pulp and paper industry.
(7) Drying and cleaning in leather industry.
(8) Heating and cooling in milk dairy industry.
(9) Heat treatment process in mechanical components and various such applications in many more industries. The working fluid required for these applications is either pressurized hot water, steam or hot air in temperature range of 60-250 C.
(10) Biggest and most revolutionary application will be solar thermal power generation for water pumping and for running small family size agro based industries like cotton ginning, cotton spinning, rice milling, oil milling and various rural and urban industries with self generated solar power.
(11) My solar baskets will really revolutionize many industries requiring heat and power both. Ice plants, cold storages, small dairies, air conditioning and such cooling and chilling can be done through vapour adsorption process.
So my solar baskets will be used in millions of numbers. As per my estimate there is a huge scope of 30 million solar baskets in India. So people will become totally autonomous and free from electricity companies. Entire world scope out of India for such solar baskets is more than 100 million baskets. So real wealth and prosperity will be generated in rural areas. So solar baskets will play most important role to transform world economy from oil based to soil based and to materialize Mahatma Gandhi’s cherished dream of Gram Swaraj (sovereign villages). We are able to supply 10 sq mt, 30 sq mt, 60 sq mt or 120 sq mt solar basket in 5 to 6 weeks. Erection time will take about one to ten days.
I will be happy to send proforma invoice if interested.
10 sq mt basket cost US$1500/- Heat power for 6 hours 28KWH i.e. 23000Kcal.
30 sq mt basket cost US$4000/- Heat power for 6 hours 84 KWH i.e. 70000Kcal.
60 sq mt basket cost US$8500/- Heat power for 6 hours 160 KWH i.e. 130000Kcal.
120 sq mt basket cost US$ 15000/- Heat power for 6 hours 300 KWH i.e. 250000Kcal.
V K DESAI
(73 years engineer working for people’s power)
AADHUNIK GLOBAL ENERGY
91 92 27 60 65 70 (mobile)
EMAIL email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org