China no longer requires spies because YOU with your smartphone are its eyes and ears!!!
Spy software that can listen to calls, track users, and make online purchases was found pre-installed on smartphones from Chinese companies including Lenovo, Huawei, Xiaomi, etc
The latest findings, from German cybersecurity company G DATA, add to a growing list of similar spying software found on smartphones from Chinese companies.
“This is happening on a lot of phones,” said Andy Hayter, G DATA’s security… evangelist, in a phone interview.
In March, researchers with BlueBox found similar malware on the Xiaomi Mi 4 LTE, which they obtained during a trip to China.
- Listening in to telephone conversations
- Accessing the Internet
- Viewing and copy contacts
- Installing unwanted apps
- Asking for location data
- Taking and copying images
- Recording conversations using the microphone
- Sending and reading SMS/MMS
- Disabling Anti-Virus software
- Listening in to chats via messaging services (Skype, Viber, WhatsApp, Facebook and Google+)
- Reading the browser history