500 square feet area can now feed 50 cows!
- In this system it is easy…to grow hydroponic fodder from by sprouted grain and legume seeds for highly nutritious yet cost effective livestock feed. (eg: alfalfa, clover, corn, cow peas, oats, sorghum, and wheat)
- A selection of grains and legume seeds are spread onto the specialized growing trays and are watered at per-determined intervals.
- Each day you simply slide the feed out of the trays, rinse the tray, reseed and push the newly seeded tray into the other end. The system holds enough trays so your desired amount of feed is available everyday.
- The sprouts grow on the Fodder solutions specially designed sprouting trays with no growing medium.
- Feed quality barley germinates within 24 hours of seeding. The barley grows in the same tray for 6-days and is ready for harvest as a 15 to 20cm high grass mat.
- Generally it takes six days to grow from seeding to feed out. This can vary by 24 hours depending on how well you maintain a consistent temperature inside the system.
- The sprout mat is completely edible and highly nutritious as it is a living food. The animals will eat the entire mat, roots and green growth so there is no waste.
- The fodder is good for Cows, Goats, Sheeps, Pigs, Rabbits & even Hens & Ducks.
The shed can be easily constructed from PVC pipes or bamboos & roof. Shade nets on the sides are optional but good to keep out birds.
Although it is cheaper to get the trays built locally with a carpenter the trays can also be purchased online from Amazon (India). For those hesitant to buy online you can make the purchase online and pay cash on delivery. These trays can be made in aluminium locally too.
Please note that the size of the tray has to be as big as possible so that you will require less number of them.
The trays can be purchased online from Amazon (India). For those hesitant to buy online you can make the purchase online and pay cash on delivery. These trays can be made in aluminium locally too. Please note that the size of the tray has to be as big as possible so that you will require less number of them. There are 2 kinds of trays the 36inch long tray & 18 inch long tray. The longer ones are more expensive because they have to be more sturdy.
36 inch long tray (5 nos.) link: http://amzn.to/2v22u8V
Use organic seeds like this: http://amzn.to/2uQbM59
For information on cows and fodder quantity: https://youtu.be/rl04aZPZuxk
For more extra information on Hydroponics fodder: https://goo.gl/EevMpk
1 Indian cow will need at least 3 trays having 1kg grains spread in it which will grow to become 7kg fodder in 7 days (total 21kg).
Thus 1 cow will need at least 21 trays (3 trays x 7 days).