The draft policy formulated by the government has proposed:
- Incentives of up to Rs 2.5 lakh to those scrapping old petrol- or diesel-fired vehicles.
- Rs 1,000 crore spending is planned to set up charging stations across the country.
- Buyers of …
electric two-wheelers that cost up to Rs 1.5 lakh will receive incentives of around Rs 30,000, a draft policy formulated by the government has proposed.
- Incentives for investment in manufacturing parts such as motors in the country. For manufacturers of electric vehicle components such as motor, drive, power train and controller, the government has proposed to provide special capital investment subsidy up to 25 per cent.
- Buyers of electric cars, which will operate as taxis, are expected to get sops of Rs 1.5 to 2.5 lakh for vehicles that cost up to Rs 15 lakh.
- At least one charging point is planned every 9 sq km in all metros, million-plus cities and identified smart cities while a charging station on both sides of the highway is planned every 25 km along the Delhi-Jaipur, Delhi-Chandigarh, Chennai-Bengaluru and Mumbai-Pune stretches. (PlugInCaroo has from last 5 yrs been voicing out for the companies/govt to install charging stations on highways!) Finally HURRAY! But Goa… where it is very popular for the tourist to use scooters to get around is still not on the EV Map…phew! Same also goes for Hampi! Probably someday not far in the future!
- Initially the focus of the policy would be on public and intermediary transport, which include taxis and three-wheelers.
- The demand incentive will cover a little over five lakh electric vehicles and over 80% of these will be two and three-wheelers.